We all have them!
Here’s one from 2001 that’s still unfinished. Why is it taking so long?
An early tender attempt
This was my first soldering project, based on a Brassmasters kit. I found the compensation instructions difficult to follow, I didn’t know what to do about the tender tank overlays, and I had little prototype information.
Later, in 2004, I took it apart and made a fresh start.
New scratch underframe
I modelled some nice detail, but the design was flawed. The Brassmasters tender was in three parts: tank body, underframe and inside chassis. I was now trying to make the tank body and underframe as a single unit. Unfortunately, the tank body and some other vital parts were destroyed beyond use in the previous dismantling, and I didn’t know what to do next.
Having decided to model Black five 44722 paired with a Stanier part welded tender, I bought the tender…
View original post 131 more words