On my workbench #2
As Christmas approached, I found the time to tidy up the railway room, and have made a list of projects and tasks for the weeks and months ahead. Some might be considered as overambitious…..
But as a simple warmup exercise, I decided to upgrade the two Lima Siphon’s that I had picked up second hand. This was a quick and nasty job, using the Dapol Siphon G chassis – sometimes available separately – to improve the bogie and underframe detail.
All is needed is to flatten the raised detail on the chassis, except the four pegs on the four corners that locate the body. The Lima weight is added to the chassis. It could be glued in place, but I opted for a plastic card retainer to prevent it coming loose in the future. A coat of grimy black, and underframe complete.
The bodies needed a mere sliver of plastic…
View original post 175 more words