A new coal lorry Pt. 2
So last month I made a start on hacking about a Classix Austin K2 lorry to make Herstmonceux a new coal lorry. Having finished cutting it about I set about adding some new parts. I filled the holes in the roof and added some mirrors made from wire and microstrip.
A new headboard for the front of the bed was need and this was knocked up from plasticard and microstrip. There seems to be a lot of different styles and I opted for a taller one, using photos for reference.
With that done it was given a coat of primer and then some paint. Coal sacks were added, the cab glazed and then put back together. I still need to add a reg number and lightly weather the body but i’m rather pleased how it turned out.