Advertisements

sed30's Blog

Railways & other things

First sod

Penlowry

So we’ve begun. The first part of the railcar was to remove some of the features that make it easier to make – I know how crazy am I!

The easiest method I’ve found of removing excess material without filing myself into boredom is to use an end mill in my pillar drill with the depth stop set so I can’t drill through the plastic. Not the highest quality engineering but very effective.

What this earlier picture also shows is that from the inside, the window apertures are actually quite small. That is no good for my idea so I opened them out again using the same technique.

They still need some tidying up and I am as yet undecided whether to get rid of all the pillars and make a whole new window ladder.

Next post will particularly not be the one for diecast model collectors – you have…

View original post 2 more words

Advertisements

Single Post Navigation

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: